Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chicago O'Hare

We are in Chicago O'Hare Airport. I was loving it here. They have awesome art all over the airport. See pictures. But, we went to eat at Chili's where the hostess was completely rude and through the security checkpoint where the TSA people were completely rude- not to us, but to other people and then Joe buys a pop and the lady who sells pop is rude. I'm not liking it so much anymore!
Anyway, back to our story. Last week, Lorien calls me again. Another referral. I called Joe. We look at the email, the medical info looks good----but the picture -- well, I've taken some pictures in my day that didnt really flatter me. The referral was a 9month old girl, but the picture was of her as a newborn. We asked for more pictures/info and hired an IA doc (Internatioal Adoption) to look over the info. We did not get our hopes up. I was so upset when we lost the sibling referral ( more than I expected considering we had never seen them and didn't even know their names)--so I tried to stay neutral. However, this past Monday at 10:28, we received the pictures of this beautiful baby girl. We sent everything again to the IA doc-- but we knew, this is it. That was Monday, today is Saturday. What a whirlwind week. and, if you ever want a real kick in the teeth, try buying planes and visas on a Monday for the upcoming Saturday!! Ouch! But here we are, in Chicago, waiting for our 14-hour flight to Seoul, Korea. We will be down for 4 1/2 hours there and then a 2 1/2 hour flight to
Vladivostok, Russia where our little Sweet Pea waits for her Mommy and Daddy-something she has never known.

Edit: We couldn't add the pictures from the IPad. We'll try again when we get to Vlad.

No comments:

Post a Comment